• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 18, 2018

    Westminster terror suspect Salih Khater charged with attempted murder of members of public and police officers

    Westminster terror suspect Salih Khater charged with attempted murder of members of public and police officers

    car was allegedly driven at officers before slamming into a security barrier outside Parliament last Tuesday.
    The incident is being treated as terrorists
    Police arrest Khater following the incident last Tuesday
    He was first held on a terrorism charge and later additionally arrested for attempted murder.
    Scotland Yard had been to court and were granted a warrant to detain him until Monday, giving them further time to quiz him.
    The Metropolitan Police's counter-terror head Neil Basu earlier said Khater, from Birmingham, was not co-operating with detectives who were trying to establish a motive.
    Mr Basu said the force was treating it as a terrorist incident because of its apparently deliberate nature, the method used and the "iconic" location.
    A silver Ford Fiesta hit cyclists and pedestrians across from Parliament, and then continued on before crashing into the barrier just before 7.40am on Tuesday.
    The car hit cyclists and pedestrians before crashing into the barrier 
    Three people suffered non life-threatening injuries.
    Police have said the car was driven from Birmingham to London late on Monday and spent almost five hours in the Tottenham Court Road area before driving around Westminster for more than 90 minutes.
    Friends have expressed shock over the arrest of Khater, a former accountancy student at Coventry University.
    Khater's now-disabled Facebook says he lives in Birmingham, works as a shop manager, and has studied at Sudan University of Science and Technology.
    Anwar Mukhta, who said he has known the suspect for eight years, had earlier claimed the current narrative will be revealed to be a "lie".
    Khater, 29, is a British national originally from Sudan 
    He told ITV News: "It is an accident, it's nothing to do with terrorists, it's nothing to do with any organisation that tried to make an attack to any Government department."
    He claimed the "very generous" and "very smiley" man had travelled to London to get a visa to see his family in Sudan.
    The suspect's brother, Abdullah Khater, had told the BBC he was a "normal person" and that their family, who are originally from Darfur, were in a "state of shock".
    A Met Police spokesperson said: "A 29-year-old man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder today, Saturday, following an incident in Westminster on Tuesday 14 August.
    "Salih Khater of Highgate Street, Birmingham, a Sudanese-born UK national, will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with the attempted murder of members of the public and the attempted murder of police officers.
    "The charges follow an incident in which Khater drove his car into a stationary group of members of the public then at police officers, before crashing into the barriers outside the House of Parliament.
    "Due to the methodology, iconic location and the alleged targeting of civilians and police officers, the CPS are treating this case as terrorism."

    13 comments:

    1. Just wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness to
      your submit is simply nice and that i can suppose you're knowledgeable
      in this subject. Fine with your permission let me
      to snatch your RSS feed to stay updated with impending post.
      Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website.
      It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to
      come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
      Superb work!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site.
      It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's
      challenging to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance.
      I must say you've done a very good job with this.

      Also, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Firefox. Outstanding Blog!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Keep on writing, great job!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I am sure this article has touched all the internet people, its
      really really nice article on building up new webpage.

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is a topic that is close to my heart... Thank you!
      Where are your contact details though?

      ReplyDelete
    7. Someone necessarily assist to make significantly posts I'd state.
      That is the first time I frequented your website page and so far?
      I amazed with the research you made to make this particular put up amazing.
      Wonderful activity!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to your blog before but after going through a few of the posts I
      realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm certainly pleased I came across it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back often!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Howdy! I just want to offer you a huge thumbs up for the excellent information you have got here on this post.
      I'll be coming back to your site for more soon.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
      Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
      However, how could we communicate?

      ReplyDelete
    11. What's up, I want to subscribe for this blog to get most up-to-date updates, so where
      can i do it please help.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Good day I am so glad I found your web site, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching
      on Aol for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say
      thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it
      all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
      to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

      ReplyDelete
    13. I was suggested this web site through my cousin. I'm no longer certain whether
      or not this put up is written by way of him as nobody else recognise such specified approximately my problem.

      You're incredible! Thanks!

      ReplyDelete

    share your thoughts with us

    CONTACT US

    Get in Touch

    Feel free to drop us a line to contact us

    Travel

    Travel for Free!